5 Residential Uses for LED Strip Lighting
LED strip lighting is a very versatile and creative way of adding light to an interior design. It has long been used by interior designers for businesses and hotels and now it’s available for home use too.
The strip lighting comes in lengths or as a long roll, with the individual LEDs mounted on very flexible tape. It can be cut at intervals, which makes it very easy to fit into smaller spaces. This flexibility allows for an infinite number of applications, only limited by your creativity.
There are at least three different options when it comes to purchasing these lights: Single color in either warm white or cool white; color changing RGB (red, green and blue) or a single color in a variety of colors. While the white light is most useful for household lighting, the color options can add drama to an interior design and can create fun lighting solutions for homes and businesses.
1. Under counter and under cabinet lighting in kitchens, Any dark areas on kitchen work surfaces can be banished with the use of strip lighting attached underneath cabinets. The advantage of LED strips over fluorescent tubes is that they can be cut to the right length, giving even, bright light the whole length of the counter. And of course, LEDs are far more economical to run, using less electricity.
2. Bookshelves and display shelves LED strip lighting solves the problem of lighting bookshelves and other display shelves. Short strips of LEDs can be cut to size, discreetly lighting each section with a warm glow.
3. Nooks and niches Curved nooks and crannies can often be a problem from a lighting point of view, but with the flexible strips of LED lights, it is now extremely easy to light individual and curved crannies. Because the strips have such a slim shape it is also easy to conceal them in the recess, with no hideous tubes or bulbs to detract from the smooth line of the interior.
4. Bar Lighting Bar areas can be drastically changed with subtle LED strip lighting. Get fancy with color changing strips or go for subtle light accents of your valuable collection of vintage bottles.
5. Desks and hobby areas Lighting is a great help for desk areas and workshops. Easy to install LED strips can be used to create just the right light for fine and detailed work precisely where you want it.
© 2012 – 2019, Vancouver Electrician | WireChief Electric's Blog. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.